The Grenfell Henry Lawson Festival of Arts Parade Applications now open!
The Parade is one of Weddin Shires most loved community events and a highlight of The Grenfell Henry Lawson Festival of Arts Festival.
Taking place Saturday June 10 at 1.00pm, join us in a spectacular street party in the Main Street that embraces our rich diversity, and celebrates our vibrant community.
We would like you to create a float that celebrates modern Australian life that we have witnessed, which might capture the elements of hardship and despair; courage and fortitude; or compassion and mateship. Our theme is “Faces in the Street”.
It’s free to enter and parade participants are in the running to win:
First Prize: $300
Second Prize: $200
Third Prize: $100
· Organise sponsorship/ prizes for categories:
· 1- Sports and Community.
· 2- Best ….. themed entry.
· 3- Best school entry.
· 4- Best presented car.
· 5- Best presented motorised vehicle.
Judges will look at the following criteria:
· Use of natural or re-cycled materials
· Low or zero emissions transport
· Creating a party atmosphere
Code of Conduct:
To enter The Grenfell Henry Lawson Festival of Arts 2023 Parade all participants must adhere to the following code of conduct:
· The parade is a festive occasion to celebrate the lifestyle and community of Weddin Shire and is not to be used to promote any political agenda or as a ground for protest.
· The parade is a fun family event and no discriminating, insulting, offensive or vulgar comments or displays may be presented. Entrants that give offence will not be accepted and risk expulsion from future parades.
· Weddin Shire reserves the right not to accept any presentations that could be damaging to the spirit of the parade.
You can lodge your application to enter a float using the linked form. Terms of Agreement and Parade Rules are also attached. Please return your complete application form by Friday 9 June 2023. Late entries will not be accepted.